The SUP Central 2017 Flatwater 20 Marathon Extravaganza
Sun 22nd October 2017
7:30 am - 1:00 pm
Ascot Kayak Club
The 2017 SUP Central Flat Water 20 Marathon Event is held in the beautiful upper reaches of the Swan River, Belmont Waters at the Ascot Kayak Club.
The SUP Central Flat Water 20 is formatted to allow paddlers of all ages and abilities to participate and witness the incredible endurance and abilities of Western Australia’s elite SUP race paddlers, as they compete for state titles and prepare to take on the world’s best in the Stand Up Surf Shop King of the Cut.
The SUP Central FW20 Teams and PaddleLoop format;
• Team Option: This year you can set your team up anyway you like! The only condition is that you need to do 3 laps of the 5.5km loop (16.5km) as well as come up with the best team name!
• Paddle Loop Option: Individuals can participate and complete ‘one’ 3.5 km Paddle Loop lap – you simply nominate your expected time and the winner is the person closest to their nominated time.
So you can "Race it or Cruise it!".
SUPER LAP - Solo Competitors Only
SUPWA will for the first time introduce a ‘Super Lap’ concept, within the multi- 4 lap course.
• The 4 laps consisting of 3 x 5.5km laps and 1 x 3.5km lap; each individual ‘Marathon’ paddler gets to take a short lap on one lap of their choice.
• This concept allows a competitor to break away from a train and make the race even more tactical.
The U/17 is a 9 km marathon distance, consisting of 1 x 5.5km lap and 1 x 3.5km lap.
Don’t miss the first event on SUPWA’s 2017/18 Racing Calendar!
20 Km State Title (14' Board Class Only)
Open Elite - Men
Open Elite - Female
Under 17 Male & Female 9km
Under 40 Male & Female
Over 40 Male & Female
Over 50 Male
State Championship medals and trophies will be awarded to Solo categories. Open Elite Category will be first 3 paddlers across the line in female and male regardless of age group.
Team Event 16.5km – 3 legs (12.6 & 14ft Board Length Only)
Awards will be issued for following categories:
• 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place Teams
• The Team that nominated closest to their time!
Teams are to select a captain who is to contact the team events manager for event rules. Can all use the same board or 3 separate boards.
Paddlers that don't have full team can contact the teams Event Manager (Sue Collins –firstname.lastname@example.org) to get organised into one.
Individual - Paddle Loop 3.5km (any board length greater than 10')
Individuals to nominate their time and awards issued to those who complete the course closest to their time.
Registration - 0730
Race briefing - 0830
Race Start - 0900
Presentations immediately after the final competitor finishes.Attend