2017 King of the Cut
From: Sat 2nd December 2017 9:00 am
To: Sun 3rd December 2017 6:30 pm
Secret Harbour, WA
The Ultimate SUP DownWinder-DownUnder
The Stand Up Surf Shop King of the Cut is held along on the beautiful Peel Coast line where the famed, powerful and consistent West Coast Seabreeze blows perfect, un-interrupted runners like an endless conveyor belt.
In it's 6th year, the 2017 edition of the King of the Cut has some exciting additions:
1. The Half Cut - a shorter 10km race.This event will be held on the Sunday, the day after the main race. The Oceanside run is the first half of the famous KotC run, fantastic medium to large runners propelling you down the Peel Coast.
2. Open Board Class For Prize Money- With the popularity of the Unlimited Class and listening to feedback from the Pro Riders, we now have a Male and Female Open Board division* for the Pro Class. This means the first 5 male paddlers across the line and first 3 female paddlers, regardless of board length (14' or UL) will take out the prize money. An Unlimited board has yet to win the KotC, the technical nature of the course seems to even out the board lengths.
*The Female Pro Class will have two initial divsions - Unlimited Pro and 14' Pro. Soon as the UL Pro class registration gets 4 entrants we will combine the divisions - exactly the same as the men
3. Foiling Class - the KotC will open up a foiling divsion as a demonstation class for 2017. Whilst this division won't compete the Open Prize money (or the line honours KotC trophy), Enviroplumb has kindly put up a $500 prize for 1st Foiling Board across the line.
4. New Age Divisions - We have Female U/40 14' and Open Female Unlimited (not Pro Class). We also have Male O/60.
5. Outriggers For The Cut - Last year the organisers have invited Outriggers (OC1) to compete in the King of the Cut. The Outrigger community shares similar values to the SUP community and having this traditional craft involved in Australia's Premier SUP Downwind Event is a great addition. Welcome onboard Outriggers!
Limited Free Event Tee Shirt with early entries - offer closes 1st of Novmber 2017
In accordance with the SUPAA Rule Book, there will be a Male and Female Pro Class that will compete for the allocated prize money regardless of age group. A competitor is classed as a Pro Class competitor if they have finished in the top ten of a SUPAA Pro event (Top 5 in this particular event) or if they elect to enter the Pro Class for this event (thereby becoming ineligible for their age group). This year the Pro Class is an Open Board Division, so both 14' and UL will contest the Prize money and overall King of the Cut Trophy.
All other competitors will register in their age group (still remaining eligible for a Pro Class finish). Age group trophies are allocated, but not prize money.
Stand Up Surf Shop King of the Cut
Stand Up Surf Shop 14' Female Pro Class
Stand Up Surf Shop Open Male Pro Class
Starboard Female 14' U/40
Epress Two Storey Living Female 14' O/40
Starboard Male 14' U/40
Express Two Storey Living Male 14' O/40
Fremantle Floors Male 14' O/50
Durrant Racing Male O/60
Horizon Physiotherapy Female Unlimited (>14')
Sundowner Signs Male Unlimited U/40 (>14')
EnviroPlumb Male Unlimited O/40 (>14')
EnviroPlumb Foiling SUP
Mandurah Holiday Rentals OC1
Starboard Half Cut
U/40 Female 14'
O/40 Female 14'
U/40 Male 14'
O/40 Male 14'
Junior (U/18) Male 14'
Junior (U/18) Female 14'
*The King of the Cut has a 2 day window for the best conditions - Saturday the 2nd and Sunday the 3rd. Please keep this in mind when booking return flights. The Half Cut will move from the Sunday to the Saturday if this is the case.
Please contact - firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
PFD type 1 or Type 2 (including inflatable type 1*) this year - NO PFD TYPE 3.
*Level 100N or greater (150, 275). Can be an overseas PFD as long as they comply to the minium floatation level.
Orange Smoke Flare
*Inflatable PFD type 1 and flares will be on sale at registration (limited numbers though)
West Oz Downwind Week
The Fremantle Doctor is the consistent wind that hits the Southern WA Coast from noon, every day over summer. The first week of December is the most reliable time for strong winds and optimal downwind conditions in Perth. West Oz Downwind Week, constitutes five downwind events to appeal to every downwind SUP paddler.
1. The Doctor (25th November) Saturady
The world re-nowned ski and SUP race over 28km from the fabulous Rottnest to Sorrento Beach to the mainland. http://www.oceanpaddler.com/events/the-doctor/
2. The Super SUP Clinic (26th November) Sunday
This will be the biggest gathering of SUP paddlers in Australia. Take the opportunity to learn from the best in the world, further details to come.
3. The Triple SSS (30th November) Thursday
A mid Downwinder from Port Beach to City Beach. 11km race, with some of the top paddlers from around the country and the world. Share a beer after at the City Beach Clubhouse. http://www.sunsetsurfskiseries.com/
4. The Stand Up Surf Shop King of the Cut (2rd December) Saturday (or Sunday)
The biggest SUP Downwinder in Australia. 24km of groomed Downwind heaven.
5. The Starboard 1/2 Cut (3rd December) Sunday (or Saturday)
Down in Mandurah, the first half of the the King of the Cut (10km) from the Dawesville Cut to Mandurah. The 1/2 Cut is a race open to all paddlers, but suited to paddlers just getting into Downwinding or those that prefer a shorter distance. Prizes awarded - this is a DW race.
Sea Rescue Gratitude Run - All competitors from the KotC the day before are invited to participate in the Sea Rescue Gratitude Run, which starts just after the 1/2 Cut along the same course. Proceeds from this run will go towards the Mandurah Sea Rescue and the run is a social DW to support both the MSR and the 1/2 Cut paddlers - just a cruisey DW, not a race take the opportunity to mentor those racing in the 1/2 Cut.
Mandurah Holiday Rentals (2017King of the Cut Sponsor)
Welcome to Mandurah Holiday Rentals and Short-Term Accommodation specialising in fully furnished and equipped homes and services. Mandurah and the Peel region have so much on offer all year round. It’s an absolute aquatic paradise. Majestic coastline and beaches, surfing, crabbing, fishing, boating, skiing, national parks, shady grassed foreshores with playgrounds and bbq facilities, a variety of retail stores and entertainment for all ages.
Whether you’re coming to Mandurah for a long weekend, winter escape, summer holiday, relocating from interstate or migrating from elsewhere in the world. We can help you find the perfect home to enjoy your time here. Please see our Mandurah Holiday Rental listings where you can book or enquire online. Search all properties availability by entering your travel dates here. Or click on each individual property to view their availability. We’re happy to assist you over the phone or email too.
Each of our Mandurah holiday rentals offer their own unique and homely accommodation experience. Whether you’re after a beach or river shack, executive apartment or large property. We have a variety of holiday rental (short term accommodation) styles in our portfolio.
We are committed to providing a full service to our guests, so if you have any special request or need please do not hesitate to contact us and we’ll do our very best to accommodate you. Less than one hour drive or train ride south on the coast from Perth City. It’s the perfect coastal getaway from the hustle and bustle of the City and the gateway to the South West of Western Australia.
If you own a holiday home and are interested in making your property work for you while still being able to enjoy it yourself we can help you too.
0429 996 389
Find us on Facebook
*ENTRIES CLOSE WEDNESDAY 29th of November 2017 MIDDAY - Late entry fee of $15 after this date. No refund available after 29th of November 2017.
Share this event