SUPWA is the State Association for Stand Up Paddle Sports in Western Australia.
The Objectives of the Association, Stand Up Paddle WA Inc. include:
- To Organise and promote events that support all disciplines of stand up paddling in Western Australia in alignment with all stakeholder requirements;
- To nurture and uphold the unique SUP community lifestyle and values;
- To assist and develop local talent into a pathway to state, national and international representation.
SUPWA provide healthy and safe stand up paddle event opportunities for community participation, elite athlete competition and promote a culture of support and development.
The beautiful oceans and waterways of WA provide the perfect environment for the community to get actively involved in the healthy lifestyle that SUP provides.
SUPWA runs events across mutiple disciplines a year:
· Surfing and BOP/Technical Racing
· Flatwater and ocean events – marathons and short course sprinting
· State Champion Titles in (Flatwater, Surfing, Downwinding and Technical Racing)
· Paddle Loop events
· Regional SUP events
SUPWA support Surfing WA to provide the State Title SUP Surf series. This is a three event series for SUP surfing and Technical Racing.
· The Rottnest Island Classic – State Round
· Denmark – State Round
· Mandurah – State Round
SUPWA further assists in supporting local events that have SUP races incorporated:
· The Doctor – Down Wind
· The Mandurah Duel – Down Wind
· The Avon Challenge – Flat Water
· The Classic Paddle – Flat Water
SUPWA’s committee consists of people who utilise management systems and procedures, intellectual property, historical data, their own experience and knowledge and if required, seek advice from independent specialists to deliver events safely and in consideration of community and the environment.
SUPWA understand each location in which we conduct our events is different, and therefore work closely with local authorities to obtain registrations or permission to conduct non-commercial leisure activities that require lawful authority. Regulatory approvals dictate specific requirements as controlling requirements and SUPWA endeavour to implement the necessary controls to achieve or surpass expectations with meeting compliance.